Monday, May 7, 2012

Another 19th Day Miniatures fairy house project under way

I've started another fairy house, my last one of the year as far as I know.  I'm eager to get back on some witchy minis, the steampunk/mad scientist lab house that's my fall spooky project, as well as a project that I've been thinking of doing for quite some time.  I've penciled in one last Alice in Wonderland project, but not just any project.  I've wanted to do the tea party scene for quite awhile, and I'm doing it some time this year.  And when I do it, it'll be done to the very best of my ability because there's something about it that I've always loved.  It's so preposterous and funny I guess.  Absurd, and it just tickles my funny bone :)  I've always known I would do it at some point.  But I have a few projects ahead of it to do so stay tuned.  Matter of fact I think at some point I might do two different versions of it, the standard one, and one that's very "malice in wonderland"....completely goth and disturbing!  How would that be for a Halloween decoration, a spooky Alice decoration?  Sounds fun to me!  Anywho, I'll shush up and just post some pictures of my basic start on this fairy house.  So much to do yet, lots of mossing inside the house before I can glue furniture in place.  I also need to finish trimming out windows and areas with twigs.  And I have a couple of lovely fairish things that go on the walls as well so it's not how it will look in the end inside there.  Here's some pictures of what I've been making:
This is a twig stand I made with a mossy shelf on top and a basket of floral things underneath.  On the shelf are little fairy potion bottles and a couple of red apples.  I couldn't get a decent shot of this, it's quite pretty in person-more so that you can tell by this.  This will go in the back corner of the cottage.  I think I might make it so the top can be removed from the house so that things could be added or so that you can get a bird's eye view of all the things inside the house.  The top is removable right now, I usually glue them down but this one I might not. 

This will be the little fairy bed, made on a half shell with a leaf canopy and hand-crocheted bedding.  This picture is horrible, I might have to retake these later.  It's rainy and dark here right now, and it's affecting my photos badly.
One of those little fairy tubs I make with the shimmering blue water.  This and some bath things will be mounted up high in the room against a wall because after all, fairies can fly!
A twig bench and a mushroom table will round out the kitchen setting nicely :)  Again, BAD pictures :(  I am so sick of this weather here! Grrrrrrrr!

Again, difficult to see here but that would be a sink basin on the tree bark counter top with a water pump with water running into the basin.  On the floor sits a bucket of brown mushrooms and vegetation growing.  The inside of the house I wanted to look mossy, damp, and aged like it had sat on the forest floor in some hidden place for a very long time.  Still so much to do to it though before I glue down furniture. 
Still lots of twigging and mossing to do in there.  I might make rustic little curtain panels, don't know yet.
Stay tuned for updates :)  Thanks for stopping in everyone and have a wonderful day!


 

        

3 comments:

  1. I love the twig doorframe with the tendril curling around it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love it. How enchanting beautiful. Great work. You truly make the fairies and us gardeners dreams come. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love it. How enchanting beautiful. Great work. You truly make the fairies and us gardeners dreams come. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete